Government and Public Sector Department’s need to maintain business continuity whilst working within the Government’s IT Security Classifications. Users that already have access to secure departmental IT need to have the ability to share information with other users who may only have access to their own enterprise or personal IT systems.
COVID-19 Home Working
The UK Government has announced guidelines that everyone must follow in order to suppress the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the UK.
One of the key measures is to ensure that unless necessary everyone should stay at home and only travel to work if completely essential.
Ensuing Effect on Government
As a result, thousands of people across Government who would not ordinarily work from home are now compelled to do so. This has created:
An inability to communicate at a routine level of security across the whole of Government and Public Sector
Departments and users simply do not have enough secure IT in place to successfully manage the demand for remote users
Users run the risk of not being able to work at all or taking unbounded security risks whilst communicating
"Users can access the secure hosted environment from their own device at work or at home."
Business continuity needs to be maintained to support the fundamentals of the economy, to ensure an eventual orderly transition back to normality, and to maintain both National Security and Critical National Infrastructure (CNI)
- Comply with the Governments restrictions to work from home where possible during the Emergency
- Government users need to share information securely using either Government secured IT and/or their own personal IT device
- Access to the service needs to be from geographically dispersed locations whilst working from home
- An accredited end-to-end managed service needs to be available immediately
- Documents and shared files need to be accessible by authorised users within a secure hosting environment
- Service needs to be accredited to be used on Government secured IT and/or own personal IT devices
- Users require access to the service regardless of their geographical location
- The service needs to be scaleable to handle the changing needs and flexible to adapt to changes in the number of users or required functionality
- The data must be held within an accredited, managed hosting environment that conforms with the security compliance and regulations of the classification of data (e.g. OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE)
The SecureCloud+ Managed Mobile Information Service (MMIS) enables users to access data from a registered personal IT device and shared office automation systems and jointly collaborate with users who have a Government secured IT device. Two factor authentication is used to allow access from trusted internet connected devices.
- Users working for Government Departments can access the secure hosted environment from their own device at work or at home
- The service is already accredited at OFFICIALSENSITIVE enabling secure connectivity
- Users can create, store and collaborate on documents up to OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE using their personal IT
- Business continuity is maintained to support both National Security and Critical Infrastructure needs
- Complies with the UK Government’s mandate to work from home where possible during the current COVID-19 crisis
- Elastic and can be scaled down as demand reduces, thereby delivering value for money
- Service is triggered remotely and therefore requires no face to face personal interaction
The MMIS end-to-end secure managed service from SecureCloud+ has already provided a communication and collaboration environment for Government personnel across several locations to create, store and share content securely, delivering efficiency gains and cost reduction.
This accredited service is available immediately and can provide Government and Public Sector employees a secure environment in which to collaborate remotely.
SecureCloud+ has an enviable record of delivering innovative secure end-to-end managed services where quality is integral, the service is fit for purpose and represents value for money.