Systems Engineer /AWS Engineer / Azure Engineer / Cloud Engineer / AWS & Azure Engineer
We are looking for several experienced Systems engineers with Cloud experience ideally with either/both AWS and/or AZURE experience and ideally some formal Cloud /Azure / AWS certification.
The position is a key role to join a busy technical delivery team. You will be hands-on managing cloud infrastructure requirements, including integrating AWS and AZURE cloud-based infrastructure components.
- You will work with our Architects to develop cloud-based infrastructure solutions in AWS, Azure and traditional on-premise environments.
- You will be hands-on managing cloud infrastructure, including design, building and integrating cloud-based infrastructure components.
- You will be working with designs following the AES and AWS Well architected Frameworks.
- You will be implementing IAM and RBAC security policies and managing multi-tier policies for secure design.
- You will develop detailed documentation to support the implementations of your designs in order to effect a smooth handover to our delivery teams, and to Service Operations for the support of the live environment.
- You will develop POC's as part of the design evaluation process.
- You will work with our product manager, technical sales consultants and other business areas to clarify requirements ahead of designs being produced.
- You will produce test plans to support products and services which the team have been involved in creating.
- You will undertake testing (unit, product, security) of products being designed and built by the Engineering team.
- You will from time to time, be asked to support the development of components outside of this set of responsibilities where your skillset and experience are an appropriate match.
Skills and Experience
- We are looking for experienced AWS & Azure engineers or someone who has experience within both.
- Current or Previous security clearance (SC or DV) would be highly desirable but not essential. It would be essential that any applicant is able to obtain security clearance to SC or DV level.-Experienced with design and build services in AWS, AZURE and private cloud environments.
- Experience in working with the design following the AWS and Azure Well-Architected Frameworks.
- Certified or demonstrable experience with cloud platforms in a production environment (OpenShift, AWS/ MS Azure).
- Experience in implementing containerized solutions using Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Container Service etc.
- You will have orchestrated Docker container cluster using Kubernetes/ Docker Swarm
- You will have experience in implementing a CI/ CD pipeline with tools such as Jenkins or Tekton CD.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices.
- Hands on knowledge of IaC and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Chef etc.
- Practical experience of using version control systems (Git preferred).
- Practical experience building and maintaining automated operational infrastructure.
- Experience implementing security policies using IAM and RBAC and managing multi-tier policies for secure design.
- Current or working towards AWS and/or Azure certification