The project manager will play a key role in agreeing project objectives, planning project activities, evaluating and managing the implementation and monitoring the progress of projects. In addition, the project manager will ensure all project deliverables comply with HMG’s security classification system. The implemented solution will become the foundation for the Company’s secure managed ICT services to MoD and other public sector customers. The role encompasses three key areas to meet the Company’s agreed strategic objectives:
- Project Management: Manage specified project outputs from initiation through to delivery.
- Developing the Business: Update the solution offering and service catalogue to reflect evolving customer needs and technical possibilities.
- Develop project feasibility and initiation documentation to ensure that projects can be launched in a controlled and scoped manner.
- Manage the delivery of projects, within agreed time and budget, reporting progress and escalating issues appropriately.
- Help with the development of the company’s project management and quality management systems.
- Manage the identification, analysis, reporting and management of project risks.
- Engage closely with the Security, Architecture & Design and Operations Service teams to ensure that activities, risks and dependencies are clearly understood and managed
- Ensure that transition into service is suitably planned and managed.
- Manage the development and maintenance of project and service cost models.
Developing the Business:
- Support the development of the Company Project Management System, a key contributor to business success.
- The size and agile nature of the Company means that the incumbent will sometimes support other company deliverables as appropriate.
- Capture ‘Lessons Learned’ and ensure these are implemented across all projects.
- Help to implement a project governance process which achieves the objectives of being light touch, while enabling thorough review.
Support to Sales
- While not the primary role of the position, the incumbent should expect to provide regular support to the sales team in areas of expertise.
- APMP /Prince 2/ Managing Successful Programmes Qualification
- ITIL v3 foundation is desirable
Skills and Experience
- Enterprise Architecture knowledge
- Demonstrable budget management experience
- Proven track record in delivering technology projects.
- Experience of managed service environments, with an awareness of ITIL best practice.
- Strong presentation skills both verbally and in writing.
- In depth understanding of UK Government Security Classifications.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a Service and Project Management environment.
- A clear strategic thinker with a commitment to high standards.
- A commitment to continual personal development.
- An energetic leader able to empower and motivate across the Company.
- Initiative and pro-activity matched by an ability to be a strong member of a team.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements.
- Can influence and negotiate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Hold or be able to obtain suitable security clearance.